It happens a lot on ZOS. Take a look at Swift-net/Merva too

Richard Jackson
SIAC -
CICS/MQ Systems

                      Paul Clarke
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      IBM.COM>                 cc:       (bcc: Richard Jackson/SIAC)
                      Sent by: MQSeries        Subject:  Re: Syncpoint question
                      List
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      n.ac.at>

                      08/22/2003 05:01
                      AM

>I wish IBM was that consistent... On Z/OS the shared queues require the
use
of DB2.

We are consistent. As I said in my previous note "we don't *want* have
databases as prereqs" and we do go to some lengths to avoid them. However,
there are times when it just doesn't make sense not to use one. Shared
Queues is just such a situation. It would have taken us much, much longer
to write the shared queue support if weren't allowed to store definitions
in DB2. WMQ is quite definitely not a database and it is not feasible for
us to do all the things that databases do. Sometimes using WMQ as a simple
transactional persistence layer is sufficient, sometimes you have to do
something a little more sophisticated.

Cheers,
P.

Paul G Clarke