Consider having am mqdo program, that will run commands as mqadmin instead of root.
It should be able to start the weblogic and do other MQ commands.
(Similar source to sudo, with a different set of commands, chown mqadmin, chmod 4755)
-----Original Message-----
From: Navin Vali [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, 30 September, 2003 19:39
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: mqm group

Hi All ,

The problem is, we are starting the communication server on Weblogic using the sudo command.
The sudo command will start Weblogic as the "root" user.
All the processes created by this Weblogic instance will be owned by root.

WL server tries to connect to MQ Queues as the "root" user. However the root user is not part of the mqm group and so MQ returns authentication failure.

We requested to add root to the mqm group but they security folks have refused permission to add root to mqm group due to security and other issues.

Now is there any way we can resolve this issue? Starting and stopping of weblogic rights can only be given to root and root cannot be part of mqm. Although we have a mqadmin user which is part of mqm. Is there a way that we can start weblogic using root but when its up it runs as mqadmin?

Any help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in Advance
Navin

Get the best from British Airways at ba.com