What's the MAXMSGL on the channel. I would be sure that the
MAXMSGL on the channel and the XMIT queue are the same so
that segmentation occurs when it goes to the XMITQ.

Cheers...
Jim Nuckolls

Christopher Fryett wrote:

I am trying to send a large file and I want the queue manager to segment
the message instead of doing it at the application level.  The max. message
length for the queue manager is 100mb (AIX, WMQ 5.3) and the target queue
is 4mb.  When I set the message flag in the MQMD for segmentation I
continue to get either a 2010 or a 2030.

I am connecting via a mq client session, so is there something I am missing
or incorrectly configuring?

Your insight is greatly appreciated.

Chris