Does anyone know how WMQ will 'wake up' the application?

"Thomas Dunlap" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: "MQSeries List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

11/05/2003 06:00 AM
Please respond to "MQSeries List"

        To:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: can two processes both get the same message

Randy,

Not to worry.  When multiple applications are using MQGET with
MQGMO_WAIT, only one will wake up as a message
arrives into the queue.  The other will wait for the next message.  A
single message will not wake up multiple applications.

Yes, you do want to use MQOO_INPUT_SHARED and perform the MQGET with
MQGMO_SYNCPOINT.  The
latter option also ensures that no 2 applications will retrieve the same
message, plus allows you to roll back (MQBACK)
should a problem arise.

Randy J Clark wrote:

>I want to have mulitple instances of the same long running process
>executing.
>
>I want them NOT to retrieve the same messages - period.
>
>For instance if only messages arrives on the queue and I have two processes
>reading it both waiting for a message will they both retrieve the same
>message or will one get the message and the other gets nothing.
>
>What open options do I use
>MQOO_INPUT_SHARED
>
>The just GET with the GMO-SYNCPOINT
>
>Instructions for managing your mailing list subscription are provided in
>the Listserv General Users Guide available at http://www.lsoft.com
>Archive: http://vm.akh-wien.ac.at/MQSeries.archive

Thomas Dunlap    Chief Technology Officer    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Themis,  Inc.    http://www.themisinc.com    1 (800) 756-3000