From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Triggering across New Cluster not working - Design Suggestion
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 08:46:37 +1000

Yep, everyone's comments are valid... I re-read the Queue Manger Cluster
manual again last night and found a one liner on the limitation of
MQGET....
just a single line ( and not a mention in any of the other manuals as far
as
I can see so far).

I find this a serious limitation for my design. The queue needs some kind
of
flag that says it's available for GETing across the cluster, otherwise you
need to re-design your applications to hunt down the queue.

I can solve the triggering problem, just trigger locally and have my apps
connect to each server, the real issue is the clients connecting in.

It does not make sense to me that you can PUT accross the cluster but must
attach locally to the QM to get the data. I now need to do a re-design of
my
client application to obtain it's data. I'm trying to send sensitive
medical
data where a duplication of data could be fatal and with 1000's of
multi-threaded clients coming online in the next 12 months a single server
will not cut it.

My best solution so far is to have clients connect, discover their queue is
not present (CC=2085), build a Permanent Dynamic queue (or something
similar) and PUT to a Dist list of queues serviced by a data move app to
move the data to the temporary queue.

Any other design suggestions are more than welcome.

Sid Young
Brisbane
Australia

-----Original Message----- From: Robert Broderick [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Saturday, 8 November 2003 4:38 AM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: Triggering across New Cluster not working [Deutsche Boerse Systems: Virus ch

Picking up on what Stefan is indicating. one of the requirements for triggering is that the INIT Q is available and opened for input by some process (hopefully the Trigger monitor) from the LINUX side can the QMGR verify this through the cluster if those attributes are true or false???

bobbee

I will say this is an interesting twist to triggering. MAybe you need a
process on LINUX that starts the NT process like secured shell.