From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Triggering across New Cluster not working - Design Suggestion
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 14:43:54 +1000

"can you restate your actual problem from an application perspective?"

Peter, In a nut shell....

I have 600+ clients that connect into our queue manager to transfer
encrypted medical data. The load will rise to 3000+ over the next 3-12
months as more business units pump data into the QM. I added another QM and
clustered them together so that queues could be spread over the cluster and
with the intention that round robin DNS would load balance incomming
SRVNCON
connections over the two boxes.

1. clients connect via the internet and know one name for the cluster
(mq.our.host.com).
2. They use SRVCONN channels to connect and technically collect data from
any "site" specific queue only.
3. There are 3 queues per site, a cleartext q, an XML command q, and an
encrypted data q
4. All my trigger apps are written for NT platform as the crypto libraries
are win32 only
5. Business units pump data into the cleartext queue only
6. sites collect their data from the encrypted queue.
7. clients are multi-threaded win32 based (NT4 and up, and can have as many
as 5 threads attached to QM).
8. clients connect several times a day for 1-2 minutes only.
9. clients return status and data back to common cluster wide queues for
trigger apps to process as required.
10. I have written everything in C++ using the MQ C++ API
11.  There is the possibility that several business units will be sold and
queue manager will go with them, hence queues for a business have a common
naming convention.

That's about it....:)

Sid

-----Original Message----- From: Potkay, Peter M (PLC, IT) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Saturday, 8 November 2003 2:30 PM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: Triggering across New Cluster not working - Design Suggestion

Sid, can you restate your actual problem from an application perspective? Just list the requirements of what you are trying to achieve.