From: Fogwill, Henry
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 8:09 PM
Subject: SSL with RACF self signed certificates

Hi all,
I am trying to test SSL authentication / encryption and having trouble
getting all the definitions correct. For now I will be happy if I can get
the channel initiator happy.
This is what I did:
1. Define keyring in RACF (QMGRRING)
2. Defined a certificate in RACF to allow RACF to act as a CA (RACDCERT
CERTAUTH CERTGEN)
3. Request a personnel certificate from RACF for my chin task user-id
(RACDCERT CERTGEN)
4. Connect the certificate to the keyring (RACDCERT CONNECT)
5. Tell the queue manager the keyring name
6. Use 8 for the tasks to attach for SSL
7. Refresh RACF keyring class
8. Stop/start queue manager
When I start the queue manager up the chininit will not attach these tasks
for SSL and gives me the following result for each task to attach:
CSQX625E +QMGR CSQXSRVS System SSL error, function 'gsk_initialize' RC=-99
This return code is suppose to be in documented in appendix D of the System
Secure Sockets Layer Programming Guide
 manual. This manual only goes to appendix C.
It then dumps with :
DUMP TITLE=QMGR,ABN= 5C6-00E70053,C=F1000.530.CHIN           ,L
           OC=*.CSQXSRVI+004C4
Any advice on what I am missing or doing wrong?
Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.
Henry Fogwill