Thanks, Kerry!  I'll give this a try tomorrow.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kerry Swemmer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, December 06, 2003 3:14 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Compiling exits on HPUX

Hi T.Rob,

I use a makefile and issue the command

make -f makefilename

and the makefile contents are as follows (SMQ is for MQSeries Link for
R/3):-

MQMHOME    = /opt/mqm
MQMINC     = /opt/mqm/inc
SMQHOME    = /opt/smq
SMQINC     = /opt/smq/include
SMQBIN     = /opt/smq/bin
SMQLIB     = mqm
SMQDIR     = /opt/smq/lib
LIBDIR     = /usr/lib

Exit.o: Exit.c
        cc +DAportable -c  -Ae +Z -I $(SMQINC) -I $(MQMINC) Exit.c
        ld -o Exit Exit.o -b +I MQStart -L $(LIBDIR) -lc
        rm  *.o

Cheers,

Kerry Swemmer
T-Systems South Africa (Pty) Ltd
Senior Database Administrator
Computing Services - TechSupport
Address: 7 Settlers Way, Gately Township, East London
Postal address: P.O. Box 671, East London 5200
Phone:  +27 (0) 43 706 2549
Fax:      +27 (0) 43 706 2085
Mobile:  +27 (0) 83 657 4151
E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]