No, you don't need to use the Java clients and you don't need the client
attach facility.  You also don't create a new queue manager to run under
USS.  Basically, all you need to do is install the MVS version of the
MQSeries java classes into USS from the MA88 support pack.  The Java
application will then need to include the MQSeries classes in their
classpath and will need to include the MQSeries SCSQAUTH in their STEPLIB
if it's not in linklist.  Note that the application will need to run in
bindings mode since MQSeries on OS/390 can't act as a client.
                                                     - Bruce Giordano

              Jeff A Tressler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                                          To:
               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
              Sent by: MQSeries List                      cc:
              <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                   Subject:   OS/390 - MQSeries v5.2
- Unix System Services

              Monday December 22, 2003 11:13 AM
              Please respond to MQSeries List

We are purchasing an application to run under OS/390 but due to its use of
Java
needs to run under Unix Systems Services (USS). I know nothing about USS
and
how applications running under USS can access the base MQSeries running
under OS/390.

Do we need to use the Java clients to access MQSeries? If so that means we
need
the Client Attach facility for OS/390.

Can we create a new queue manager running under USS that is separate from
the
queue manager running under OS/390? If so, what about the issue of one
queue
manager per OS/390 region?

Basically any information would be great.

            Jeff Tressler