I was able to get it to work using the provided sample code, slightly
modified definitions and the provided instructions. It helps if you know
COBOL.

Ernest Roberts
IT - Sr Sys Prog
MBUSA, LLC

----- Forwarded by Ernest Roberts/171/DCAG/DCX on 02/11/2004 04:59 PM -----

                      "Awerbuch, David"
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]         To:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      ERICAS.COM>                  cc:
                      Sent by: MQSeries            Subject: Re: Batch Trigger Monitor
                      List
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      C.AT>

                      02/11/2004 02:55 PM

Bruce,

With respect to your question, I don't feel I know you well enough to say
whether or not you probably are hallucinating, so that might be a topic for
another discussion ....

As to your statement, Mainframe week provides this sample:
http://www.mainframeweek.com/code/showcode.php/0002/mw02mq1.txt

I hope this helps you.

Dave A.

P.S.  I will not be out of the office tomorrow!  Make The Magic Happen!

Modifying and setting up a batch trigger monitor

Batch Trigger Monitor PROC

//         PROC
//*
//**********************************************************************
//* REVISION:TSSPEEG # 0001   04 JUNE  1998 (NEW PROC)                 *
//**********************************************************************
//*               IBM MQSeries for MVS/ESA                             *
//* STARTED TASK PROCEDURE FOR THE BATCH TRIGGER MONITOR               *
//**********************************************************************
//*
//PROCSTEP EXEC PGM=MQMMON,
//         PARM='MCP1,BATCH.MONITOR.INITQ'
//STEPLIB  DD DISP=SHR,DSN=SYSMQS.SUPA.LOAD
//                  DD DISP=SHR,DSN=SYSMQS.MCP1.AUTH
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSUDUMP DD SYSOUT=*

- MQSeries definitions

DEFINE NOREPLACE
QLOCAL('BATCH.MONITOR.INITQ')
 STGCLASS('SYSTEM')
 DESCR('Batch Trigger Monitor Initiation Queue')
 PUT(ENABLED)
 DEFPRTY(5)
 DEFPSIST(NO)
 MAXDEPTH(100)
 PROCESS(' ')
 NOTRIGGER
 MAXMSGL(1000)
 BOTHRESH(0)
 BOQNAME(' ')
 INITQ(' ')
 USAGE(NORMAL)
 SHARE
 DEFSOPT(EXCL)
 MSGDLVSQ(FIFO)
 RETINTVL(999999999)
 TRIGTYPE(NONE)
 TRIGDPTH(1)
 TRIGMPRI(0)
 TRIGDATA(' ')
 NOHARDENBO
 GET(ENABLED)
 QDEPTHHI(80)
 QDEPTHLO(40)
 QDPMAXEV(ENABLED)
 QDPHIEV(DISABLED)
 QDPLOEV(DISABLED)
 QSVCINT(999999999)
 QSVCIEV(NONE)

DEFINE NOREPLACE
PROCESS('BATCH.MONITOR.PROC')
 DESCR('Process for starting Scheduled  Batch Production Jobs')
 APPLTYPE('MVS')
 APPLICID(' ')
 USERDATA(' ')
 ENVRDATA(' ')

Scott Morningstar
Computer Systems Officer
CN (Canada)     c Xephon

This code is derived from Mainframe Week, a free technical
journal for mainframe professionals, published on-line.

http://www.mainframeweek.com