Hi MO71 veterans,

1. what does it mean that "replyQ is not needed when using via QM". Where
does the reply go to?  to SYSTEM.DEFAULT.MODEL.QUEUE?

Specifically, I'm setting up MO71 to monitor a mainframe QM (without CAF,
I'm now convinced it's not needed) , via a QM on AIX. After I defined
qmgr-alias on the AIX box to point to the MF QM, I see the request got sent
to the mainframe, but no reply ever gets back.  Apparently the MF QM didn't
even try to send a reply back since the XmitQ is empty and sender channel
to AIX never starts.  I also setup qmgr alias on MF pointing to QM on AIX.
The field mvs has been checked.

2. Has anyone ever used the "Command OK" field to run a batch program or
whatever, on a win2k or XP machine?

Paul, maybe you can pin-point what I'm missing right away.

thanks a lot.
Ben