I wonder if someone could help.

Currently when an Windows MQ series client connects to the MQ server on
Unix we require that the account exists on both machines.

We now have a problem were a Unix restriction prevents user names from
being more than 8 characters. However our NT account is 10 characters long.

The documentation that I have stumbled accross mention something about
environment Variables MQ_USER_ID, but states that this is not for Windows
NT.

Is there any way that we can set this up? The client is NT4 and the server
is on Solaris 8 using MQ 5.2.1

I know I could change the Windows NT account, but this is a hassle and may
involves a lot of work.

Many Thanks,

Richard Bellis
M&G IS Technical Strategy
020 7548 3346

The information contained in this message may be CONFIDENTIAL and is intended for the
addressee only.  Any unauthorised use, dissemination of the information, or copying of
this message is prohibited. If you are not the addressee, please notify the sender
immediately by return e-mail and delete this message. Although this e-mail and any
attachments are believed to be free of any virus, or other defect which might affect
any computer or system into which they are received and opened, it is the
responsibility of the recipient to ensure that they are virus free and no
responsibility is accepted by M&G for any loss or damage from receipt or use thereof.
Please note that all e-mail messages are subject to interception for lawful business
purposes.