I found the following fragment in mqjmssrv.java:

Destination des = msg.getJMSReplyTo();
String desQueueName = ((Queue)des).getQueueName();
System.out.println("  server replyToQ: " +
desQueueName);
Queue desQueue = session.createQueue(desQueueName);
QueueSender qSender = session.createSender(desQueue);
TextMessage msg1 = session.createTextMessage();
msg1.setText(replyString);
qSender.send(msg1);

which was on
http://www.developer.ibm.com/tech/sampmq.html