>Hi everyone,

>I'm pretty sure the below will not work but would like
>to confirm if anyone's tried this  ?

>3 Qmgrs :  QMA, QMB and QMC

>QMA communicates with QMC and
>QMB communicates with QMC

>Only one receiver channel exists on QMC.
>Corresponding sender channels exist on QMA and QMB

>Awaiting your replies

>Thanks
>WS

WS,

There is no problem doing what you're asking. Generic receiver channels are
effectively the mechanism used by clustering. There are potential downsides
such as not having quite the same level of control on an individual channel
basis. For example, with a single channel called TO.QMC you can not inhibit
connections just from QMA. By defining two channels QMA.TO.QMC and
QMB.TO.QMC then clearly you could stop and start them independently. To be
honest though the general reduction in administration burden usually wins,
particularly if you have a lot of Queue Managers. For this reason use of
generic receivers is generally recommended.

Cheers,
P.

Paul G Clarke
WebSphere MQ Development