From: MQSeries List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Pavel
Tolkachev
Sent: Saturday, 3 April 2004 1:26 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: AW: Boot problem on Solaris: solved but HOW?

Hello,

Thanks to all who answered!

Hubert, thank you, we have it working as well. What we (Ian and I) could not
do is to reproduce the problem in a normal  (not boot-up) mode to understand
its root cause.

Tibor, we did not try the early tracing. I am not sure what more information
from the script itself I need. We had a pretty good error message from
strmqm complaining about not being authorized and the error status (not
documented, though: 119. Anyone from IBM?).

Gunter, thanks, yes it was one of the last resort ideas to go and compare
all the environment -- but I think we have never actually done that. We will
try it next time we reboot.

Ian, I am not sure why you did not get messages. We created
/var/mqm/init_d.log or some similar file at the beginning of the start
script, changed its ownership to mqm:mqm and then appended to it the output
of all commands, approximately in this manner:

echo "will run strmqm..." >> $logFile
strmqm ... >> $logFile 2>&1
rc=$?
echo "error status $rc" >> $logFile

So we had all the output in the log file.

I will let the list know if I find the answer..

Cheers,
Pavel

                      "Kleinmanns,
                      Hubert"                    To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      <Hubert.Kleinmanns@        cc:
                      DREGIS.COM>                Subject:  AW: Boot problem
on Solaris: solved but HOW?
                      Sent by: MQSeries
                      List
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      AC.AT>

                      04/02/2004 04:34 AM

Hi Pavel, Ian,

the following script starts my queue manager at boot time on Solaris:

------------------------

#!/bin/ksh
#
# MQSeries start/stop script
#

case "$1" in
   start)
      echo "Starting MQSeries daemons"
      su - mqm -c "/opt/mqm/bin/strmqm TESTQM"
      su - mqm -c "/opt/mqm/bin/strmqcsv TESTQM"
      ;;

   stop)
      echo "Stopping MQSeries daemons"
      su - mqm -c "/opt/mqm/bin/endmqm -i TESTQM"
      ;;

   restart)
      $0 stop
      $0 start
      ;;

   *)
      echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop|restart}"
      exit 1
      ;;
esac

exit 0

On AIX just replace "opt" by "usr". I put this file to the directory
"/etc/init.d" with name "mqm" and set up th following links:

# ln -s /etc/init.d/mqm /etc/rc1.d/K18mqm
# ln -s /etc/init.d/mqm /etc/rc2.d/S94mqm

Regards
Hubert