Pavel,

> Tibor, we did not try the early tracing. I am not sure what more
> information from the script itself I need. We had a pretty good
> error message from strmqm complaining about not being authorized and
> the error status (not documented, though: 119. Anyone from IBM?).

For me the (early) tracing is recommended anytime when I feel some
strange behavior in MQ. It helped me a lot of times without official
support, e.g. last when crtmqm failed because mqm user was in other
group then mqm - misconfigured by sysadmin...

So rc=119 may be a reason code of any system call, not an MQ error.

HTH,

Tibor

----

> Hello,

> Thanks to all who answered!

> Hubert, thank you, we have it working as well. What we (Ian and I) could not do is
> to reproduce the problem in a normal  (not boot-up) mode to understand its root
> cause.

> Tibor, we did not try the early tracing. I am not sure what more information from
> the script itself I need. We had a pretty good error message from strmqm complaining
> about not being authorized and
> the error status (not documented, though: 119. Anyone from IBM?).

> Gunter, thanks, yes it was one of the last resort ideas to go and compare all the
> environment -- but I think we have never actually done that. We will try it next
> time we reboot.

> Ian, I am not sure why you did not get messages. We created /var/mqm/init_d.log or
> some similar file at the beginning of the start script, changed its ownership to
> mqm:mqm and then appended to it
> the output of all commands, approximately in this manner:

> echo "will run strmqm..." >> $logFile
strmqm ... >>> $logFile 2>&1