Erik Klemetti
Hi all,
Thanks for all the responses,

This is not a "Real" problem since the failover works.
But I was concerned when failing over didn't stop the MQSeries Service as I
expected,
because this could be a sign of some not to obvious problem that I migth
encounter down
the line.

Anyway I have recived several answers saying that this is happening to a lot
of folks and
there is no problem.

Best regards
Erik

Hi Erik,

I only have MQ 5.2 running on the MSCS cluster, not 5.3. So may be there
are
some differences.  However, I don't understand why you concern about the
MQSeries services running on the failing node. Is there a problem?

When MSCS cluster vary off the qmgr from the failing node and bring up the
qmgr from the standby node, the MQ services are always running and both
nodes and it won't be brought down.  So in my case I have 1 active and 1
passive node and the MQ services are running on both nodes all the time.
Only the qmgr is running on 1 node.  This is the same when you have a
standalone PC installed with MQ.  If you don't have qmgr running, you still
have the MQ services running during start up. In my case, I have 3
processes
running, amqsvc (MQ services process), amqmsrvn (DCOM) and amqmtbrn (task
bar icon for MQ services) when no qmgr is up.

BTW, I got the description of the processes from a spreadsheet I received
from the list last year.  I remembered it was prepared by Peter but not
sure. I can send you that if you want but I  am not sure mine is the latest
or not.

Ian