From: Kerry Swemmer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 23 June 2004 01:08
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Link for R/3 v1.2 on WMQ R530

Hi All,

I would like to ask a favour of those with SAPLink v1.2 running with MQ v5.3

We have a problem where outbound SAPLink servers are falling over
intermittently with MQ reason code 2017, MaxHandles reached.

We are running 2 outbound servers and I can see the open output counts on
the XMITQ's continuously increasing during the day to numbers way above
double the number of remote queue definitions on the qmgr. Looking at the
output of an SMQ trace I suspect that SAPLink is not initialising the target
queue name correctly and therefore opening queues that are already open,
eventually reaching MaxHandles.

I have tried logging a call with IBM but they refuse to help us because we
(our customer) are on the "EOS" version 5.2 of MQ. They won't even try
recreating the problem using WMQ R530 while we go through the lengthy
process of getting MQ upgraded. I eventually asked them a question specific
to the behaviour of SAPLink in the SMQ trace, also to no avail. All this on
a "supported" version of MQSeries Link for R/3.

The platform we are having the problem on is Sun Solaris, but I can see the
same symptom on our other SAP platform, HP_UX, but those SAPLink servers get
bounced every morning and don't use as many remote queues.

So, firstly, has anybody come across the same problem before. Secondly,
would those of you running SAPlink on MQ5.3 please have a look at your open
output counts on your XMITQ's, try correlate this with your number of
outbound servers and remote queues and let me know what you find. If all
your remote queue names are the same length, and my theory is correct, you
will not have this problem.

Much appreciated.

Cheers,

Kerry Swemmer
T-Systems South Africa (Pty) Ltd
Database Administrator
Computing and Desktop Services
Address: DaimlerChrysler, 7 Settlers Way, East London, South Africa
Postal Address: PO Box 671, East London, 5200
Phone:  +27 (43) 706 2549
Fax:    +27 (43) 706 2085
Mobile: +27 (83) 657 4151
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Internet: www.t-systems.co.za

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and T-Systems South Africa (Pty) Ltd accepts no liability therefore, except where the sender specifically states them to be those of T-Systems South Africa (Pty) Ltd.  Although this message has been scanned for the possible presence of computer viruses prior to despatch, T-Systems South Africa (Pty) Ltd cannot be held responsible for any viruses or other material transmitted with, or as part of, this message.

Disclaimer

This message may contain information which is private, privileged or confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in the message. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify the sender thereof and destroy / delete the message. Neither the sender nor Sappi Limited (including its subsidiaries and associated companies) shall incur any liability resulting directly or indirectly from accessing any of the attached files which may contain a virus or the like.

Director Names

 A list of Sappi companies and the names of their directors can be retrieved from http://www.sappi.com/home.asp?pid=644