I've run into an issue with a VB application using the .net interface. The
application works fine on an XP environment, but run from an NT machine I
get a failure on a PlatformNotSupportedException. My understanding is that
with the MQ Client CSD5 (or greater) and the appropriate .net levels that
NT platform (SP 6a) is a supported platform.

The application is using the MQ Client code through the .net classes
included in the IBM install. We are not using the MQEnvironment settings as
we need to specify our security exit, so we a forcing it to use the channel
table instead. As I've said this works fine on XP (specifically XP
Professional). On NT (SP 6a) however the error shows that the
IBM.WMQ.MQQueueManger class in a method called IsMTSEnvironment() tries to
use the System.enterpriseServices.ContextUtil.get_ContextID() which
according to my documentation is only valid on XP and 2000 (and I would
assume 2003 Server).

So the question is has any body attempted anything like this? Do you know
of a way around this? Or am I missing something about what is and is not
supported?

I have attempted to trace this but it showed nothing very enlightening,
only an internal error in the tracing of the .net classes. I installed CSD6
on the clients on both machines. This fixed the trace error but did nothing
for the exception. I've also tried this with the new CSD7 but still get the
exception on NT.

MQ Client is 5.3 (now CSD7). Dotnet framework is v1.1.4322. Operating
system in NT4 sp6A.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Rick