Hi,

I am working in MQSeries on OS/390. I have to develop a Channel Exit program.

The setup is like this. I have a Queue Manager, Transmission Queue, Remote Queue Definition and a Sender Channel on Windows. There is another Queue Manager, Destination Queue and a Receiver Channel on the Mainframe Machine.

I have the Channel Exit program and have compiled it and made a DLL. Now I have to specify this DLL name and the program that has to be called whenever a message flows through the channel. The program will pick up the message and put it into an Event Queue, which also is on the Mainframe Machine. From the documents that I read, I think these have to be specified in the properties of the Channel – Message Exit Name and User Data. But I am not able to understand how to give these properties.

Can anyone who has worked in MQSeries on Mainframes help me with this? The Message Exit Name can only be 8 characters long. I want to know how to give the DLL name and the program name here. I might have to specify the Data Set name also, which has the DLL. Should the Event Queue name be specified in the User Data property of the Channel?

Please reply.

Regards.

Vijay.