Hello Raj,

At least one of our clients runs SSL on Solaris in production and we are about to
migrate another one.

I am not sure what exactly you are trying to do with importing, namely, what commands
do you use? Import actually imports both public and private keys and you have to have
the certificate of signing CA already added to your keystore.

Hope this will help,
Pavel

                      Rajesh-IT Sharma
                      <rajesh-it.sharma+exter        To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]>                    cc:
                      Sent by: MQSeries List         Subject:  Re: "Invalid key
database type was found" V5.3 CSD05 SSL gsk6cmd
                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]         failed for -type cms GSKit V6.0.5.43
Solaris 2.8

                      08/26/2004 02:02 PM

Thank you to all of you who replied to my earlier posting.

Ok. I applied CSD07 and I am successfully able to create the certificates.
Now, I am stuck at importing the certificates into the qmgr's keys db. I
have created two Q Mgrs and able to create certificates for both of them
that have been received into the keys db of each queue manager. Then I
exported the certificate from both the queue managers into a file (-type
pkcs12) and tried to import them ( qm 1's being imported into qm2's key db
and vice-versa). However this fails giving me the error -

An error occurred while inserting keys to the database.

gsk6version information is
@(#)ProductName:      gsk6e (GoldCoast Build) 0406171803
@(#)ProductVersion:   6.0.5.43
@(#)ProductInfo:      04/06/15.00:00:28.04/06/17.18:11:04

Also, the classpath and path info remains the same as mentioned in the
first email. I see messages that Interim fix need to be applied. I have
the latest GSkit version running, do I still need to apply the Interim
Fix.

Finally, is anyone running MQ with SSL on Solaris in Production? Reason I
ask this is that I have never had this much gotcha in setting anything
with this much trouble and I would like to get a confidence level whether
it is worth it at this time, or wait for it to stabilize a bit more -:)

Raj

Pavel Tolkachev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: MQSeries List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
08/19/2004 03:41 PM
Please respond to MQSeries List