Hubert,

With regard to second bit.

By default MO71 uses SET_ALL_CONTEXT. In other words it tries to maintain
the origin and identity context of the source message. Obviously you need
greater authority to use SET_ALL_CONTEXT. There are options in the
copy/move message screens to allow you to reduce the context levels.

Cheers,
P.

Paul G Clarke
WebSphere MQ Development
IBM Hursley

MQSeries List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 22/09/2004 14:51:36:

> Peter,
>
> it is not very satisfying to me. At the moment we require one single user
id
> from the sender application. We created this user and it works so far.
But
> the sender application - from an internal customer - requires itself, to
be
> able to use their personal user accounts. They also want to use COD
instead
> of COA, because they are a little bit paranoid.
>
> Another strange thing happens, when I use MQMON (MO71) to move the
messages
> from the DLQ back to the original queue. Now the messages are transmitted
> the original sender and they still have the original user id in the MQMD.
> Why that? Would a DLQ handler work in the same way?
>
> Regards
> Hubert

COD.

> Regards
> Hubert

PUT
> with the authority of the MCA the originally put it onto the input Q.
> Whether this authority is enough to write to the TQ to go back depends on
> the platform and what user was running the MCA.   For distributed
platforms
> the user running the MCA will almost always be mqm or equivalent so it
> should work, but for the 390 system, the authority is defined by the RACF
> permissions and the value of the setting of PUTAUT on the receiver
channel.
> This is discussed in chapter 15 and 17 of the z/OS System Setup Guide.
>
> So my guess is that the receiving system is 390 and that you are running
> your receiver channels with ALTMCA and that the CHIN is writing OK to the
> output Q, but when the getter gets the message the only authority left is
> the ALT part of ALTMCA.  Perhaps someone with more experience of 390
access
> control for MQ can comment it this is a 390 system.
>
> Dave

"MQRO_PASS_CORREL_ID"