From: Potkay, Peter M (ISD, IT) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2004 11:57 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Disappearing cluster queues

I did the following in the order listed:

Create queue manager FR1, FR2 and FR3
Define CLUSRCVRs on FR1 called TO.FR1, on FR2 called TO.FR2 and on FR3 called TO.FR3, all with the CLUSTER attribute set to CLUSTER1
Alter each QM to be a Full Repository for CLUSTER1
Manually define CLUSSNDRs on each FR to both other FRs (on FR1 create CLUSSNDRs TO.FR2 and TO.FR3, on FR2 create CLUSSNDRs TO.FR1 and TO.FR3, on FR3 create CLUSSNDRs TO.FR1 and TO.FR1)

I have a ring of three FRs.

Now I create queue manager PR1, define a CLUSRCVR called TO.PR1 clustered to CLUSTER1, and then define one and only one CLUSSNDR to FR1. Without doing anything else, PR1 immediately had Automatic CLUSSNDRs to all 3 FRs.

Looks like a PR defines Auto CLUSSNDRs to every FR in the cluster.

I check the Sequence Numbers of the channels leaving PR1
TO.FR1=6
TO.FR2=5
TO.FR3=2

Now I create 1 local queue called PR1.LOCAL.QUEUE on PR1, and cluster it to CLUSTER1. All 3 Auto CLUSSNDRs start running. Looking at the sequence numbers again, I see:
TO.FR1=8
TO.FR2=6
TO.FR3=3

To me, this indicates that a partial repository QM in a cluster sends its info directly to ALL full repositories in a cluster, regardless of how many there are.

As for the question about overlapping clusters, I have 1 Gateway QM that is a partial repository for four overlapping clusters. Each of the clusters has only 2 other QMs, and those are the Full Repositories for their respective clusters. If a create a queue on the Gateway QM, and cluster it to the Cluster Namelist, all 8 FRs know about the new queue right away, and they get that info directly from the Gateway QM.