At the 'Application' level  means the server in my scenario. What I am
trying to achieve is this:

If a back-end service running on a server is knocked out of the rotation
(even though MQ might be OK), I want to:

1. Not send anymore messages to that instance (from the client)
2. Move the "stuck" message on that instance to another instance that is
being serviced.

I cannot afford for messages to get stuck for any period of time.

PS: If a cluster queue is set to PUT(INHIBITED), on the server, will the
WLM exit that IBM supplies recognize it when the client does the MQPUT
(assume DEFBIND is NOT-FIXED)? Or, will the message travel down the channel
to the cluster queue instance that was chosen, then the MCA will detect it
when it tries to put the message to the chosen cluster queue? I know it
will reroute it to another instance of the cluster queue, if one exist.