From: MQSeries List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Paul
Clarke
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2004 10:13 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: MQ Clustering Question

If you set the cluster queue to PUT(INHIBIT) then that information is fed
back to the originating systems and the default WLM will no longer choose
you as a target (unless it has to if I recall).

Cheers,
P.

Paul G Clarke
WebSphere MQ Development
IBM Hursley

MQSeries List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 18/10/2004 14:48:29:

> At the 'Application' level  means the server in my scenario. What I am
> trying to achieve is this:
>
> If a back-end service running on a server is knocked out of the rotation
> (even though MQ might be OK), I want to:
>
> 1. Not send anymore messages to that instance (from the client)
> 2. Move the "stuck" message on that instance to another instance that is
> being serviced.
>
> I cannot afford for messages to get stuck for any period of time.
>
> PS: If a cluster queue is set to PUT(INHIBITED), on the server, will the
> WLM exit that IBM supplies recognize it when the client does the MQPUT
> (assume DEFBIND is NOT-FIXED)? Or, will the message travel down the
channel
> to the cluster queue instance that was chosen, then the MCA will detect
it
> when it tries to put the message to the chosen cluster queue? I know it
> will reroute it to another instance of the cluster queue, if one exist.

immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all copies.