On 09/22/2013 08:54 AM, ChurchOrganist wrote:

> Fons Adrianssen seems to be frothing at the mouth about our use of the Aeolus
> Pipe Organ synth in MuseScore.
>
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.audio.devel/29966
>
> Should one of us contact him?

I can see lots of sides to that issue.  I ended up writing a small book
about the history of open source music projects, forks, and politics.

I deleted the book, and I'll leave you with the recommendation that if I
were you, yes, I'd send an emissary over to contact Fons.  It's just
going to work out better for everyone in the end if you can find some
politically acceptable way to navigate this situation.

Apologize to him about not including him from the beginning, explain
what your purpose in doing this is, and try to make amends.

If he won't make amends, then own the fork and carry on.  It's all you
can do.  It will go smoother if you succeed in building a bridge and
establishing friendly relations though.
--
D. Michael McIntyre