Hello John,

Thanks for the intro and welcome aboard!

I'm the person assigned as mentor to your project; I saw you already walked
a good way on yourself, but do not hesitate to contact me at any moment: in
the MuseScore fora and in the IRC #musescore channel, I go under the
nickname Miwarre, and here and at Github under my real name.

Being the original implementor of tab support in Musescore 2.0, I'm of
course familiar with that part of the code; however I know little about
Guitar Pro and about modern guitar(s) in general (my interest is in historic
tablatures: lute, viol and so on...); so, your knowledge will be primary in
these areas.

I'm confident this project will be successful and a useful addition to
MuseScore features.

Maurizio