On 23 Apr 2014 09:26, "Maurizio M. Gavioli" <miwa...@miwarre.org> wrote:

> Hello John,

Hello!

> Thanks for the intro and welcome aboard!
>
> I'm the person assigned as mentor to your project; I saw you already
walked
> a good way on yourself, but do not hesitate to contact me at any moment:
in
> the MuseScore fora and in the IRC #musescore channel, I go under the
> nickname Miwarre, and here and at Github under my real name.
>
> Being the original implementor of tab support in Musescore 2.0, I'm of
> course familiar with that part of the code; however I know little about
> Guitar Pro and about modern guitar(s) in general (my interest is in
historic
> tablatures: lute, viol and so on...); so, your knowledge will be primary
in
> these areas.

Fantastic, sounds good. My plan for now is to follow the timeline outlined
in my proposal which can of course be adjusted, so I'm starting with fixing
the GP-related bugs already reported in the Musescore issue tracker, and
then around the start of May I'll continue the work I've done on the Guitar
Pro 6 (GPX) format.

If you have any comments/questions on what I'm doing or the order I'm doing
things in then of course feel free to contact me, I'm on IRC at most times
of the day (my timezone is UTC+1) and frequently accessing e-mail.

> I'm confident this project will be successful and a useful addition to
> MuseScore features.

Great! Thanks for the e-mail Maurizio. :-)

John