I noticed that some guitars lack string data in instruments.xml. Not being
particularly familiar with guitars beyond THE guitar, before messing with
the file, I would prefer someone could confirm the following details:

1) *Soprano guitar*: does it exists? I found surprisingly few references for
it and, according to  Fender web site
<https://www.fender.com/news/musical-ranges-and-how-they-relate-to-guitars/>
, "/You don’t really run into it [i.e. the "soprano" term] in guitar land,
but the smallest of the four common ukulele..."/.

In case, it seems from the instruments.xml pitch range that it
is/should/could be tuned one octave above the 'regular' guitar with only 17
frets. 6 strings?

2) *Alto guitar*: same considerations as above. Always according to Fender
web sites: "/The term ["alto"] applies to a small number of instruments
[...], but almost never in the guitar world. Tech Talk googled “alto guitar”
and did find such a thing, but we’re talking seldom seen and extremely
esoteric instrumentation/".

Again from the pitch range in instruments.xml, it seems to be tuned a fifth
above the 'regular' guitar again with 17 frets. 6 strings?

3) *11-string alto guitar*. According to  Wikipedia
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eleven-string_alto_guitar>  , its 6 top string
are tuned lute-style (from G and with third between 3rd and 4th string)
rather guitar-like (from E and with third between 2nd and 3rd string). Can
anyone confirm this?

4) *Pedal steel guitar*: before involving in arcane investigations, does it
make sense to provide string data/tuning for it?

More to come about (guitar) basses...

Thanks,
Maurizio