Werner Schweer wrote
> I am OK with all this

OK

> and have some additions:

My current concern is about documentation and, in particular, what can be
fixed simply by working on comments.

Making the scripting framework more robust, reasonably complete on one hand
and simpler on the other hand, as well as resolving conundrums in the
C++/plug-in integration is an ampler goal. It is surely needed, but I would
leave it for a second step.

>      - for every function/property enum a regression test is needed.
> Currently some functions/properties do not work.
>      - changing anything in the score has to use the undo stack
>      - it should not be possible to crash MuseScore with an script

OK

>      - enums for the scripting interface must be separated from c++ enums.
> After some experimenting with the current strategy of moving enums into a
> QObject derived class i came the the conclusion that this does not work.
> First the separate namespaces for enums do not work in JS. Second we loose
> the ability to forward declare enums in c++.

Is there a solution to this beyond duplicating all the enums in a form
suitable for C++ and one suitable for the scripting framework?

>     - access to c++ implementation details should be removed
>     - the scripting interface should be minimal, its not the goal (nor
> possible) to export more or less all the current c++ classes

I think deciding what should be there and what shouldn't is not a clear cut
decision to make; any guide line?

Thanks,

Maurizio