First of all, I have no suggestions on the maintenance points.

About the main topic, FWIW I also believe that bug fixes are always welcome!
With a few notices:

1) Users do not always care (or even know) about product versions (many do
not even care about which OS they use...). I assume that 'power users' or
/aficionados/ who look every week for a new release are the minority.
Multiplying the releases increases user support (obsolete bug reports, ...).

In the past, there has been too much delay between releases; but even too
short delays have consequences.

2) I would value backward *and forward* file format compatibility across all
2.0.x releases (I would value it even across all 2.x.x releases, but this
probably asking too much).

I now have a largish corpus of scores to maintain and I am still in the
process of upgrading all of them to 2.0 (which is currently taking most of
my free time). From my experience, I assume that everybody else who
routinely uses MS to circulate scores among a community (of students, of
choir singers, or whatever) would see his life made more complex by a
multitude of not 100% compatible releases, rather than simpler.

3) Jim's work on ornaments is to be praised. If possible, I would really
appreciate to see some things about Baroque ornaments 'optimized' before
releasing it to the general public. There are discussions going on on that.

Thanks,

M.