2/ Indeed. Displaying information in the status bar for these elements and
sending information to the screen reader needs to be done. I guess it will
be no different to what it's done for note, clef etc...

5/ If you don't own a mac, improving VoiceOver support will be hard. Don't
include it in your proposal. You can use NVDA as a reference on Windows and
see if you can improve support for Orca on Linux.

6/ Yes, good addition.

lasconic