Minibrowser uses Qt Webview.
http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtwebview-webview.html#details

"WebView is a component for displaying web content which is implemented
using native APIs on the platforms where this is available, thus it does
not necessarily require including a full web browser stack as part of the
application."

So whatever features you experience with minibrowser rendering has nothing
to do with what you would experience if you draw fonts with Qt.

lasconic