On 01/04/2018 09:24, Joachim Schmitz wrote:
Did you follow all the steps that are outlined in the developers' handbook, the part for Windows? You need to install jack, and none of libvorbis, libogg, portaudio or lame need to get compiled, and all those are available directly from the handbook.

Hi,

yes, I'm following that guide

https://musescore.org/en/handbook/developers-handbook/compilation/compile-instructions-windows-mingw-git

but it is turning quite cumbersome: on Linux I can do "apt-get build-dep MuseScore" and I'm ready to compile (ok, almost), but here it's becoming a hell, consider I've just set-up a C/C++ compilation environment on Windows 10 from scratch.

As an example of things I'm not getting:

1) compilation with QtCreator, guess supposed to be the easy way, doesn't work: I launch QtCreator, follow the steps, "open file/project" the CMakeLists.txt from the root MuseScore sources folder, then the menu' voice Build is NOT active; if I select the menu' voice "Run CMake", then nothing happens :(! No error messages whatsoever, just nothing! Yes, I have installed CMake as from your MuseScore compilation on Windows Handbook web page

2) in the mingw32 command-line compilation way, I'm getting always this error about "Cannot find an entry point _Z9qt_assertPKcS0_i within the dynamic library C:\HigHub\MuseScore\build.debug\manual\genManual.exe"; for now, I'm just working around that by letting make keep going (-k), but I'm not sure it's a blocking problem. For what it matters, I don't care about building any manual!

3) I just installed Jack (binaries), as you said, and I've got to the end of the MuseScore.exe compilation (albeit, the genManual.exe error is always there). However, when I launch this build.debug\mscore\MuseScore.exe, I get "Impossible to start correctly the application (0xc0000022). Click OK to close the application."

Any clue ?

Thanks again,

        T.
--