Mingw, QtCreator. As far as I know MSCV++ is not possible (but it would be
great if it were!)

-----Original Message-----
From: Tommaso Cucinotta [mailto:tommaso.cucino...@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2018 7:45 PM
To: Joachim Schmitz <j...@schmitz-digital.de>;
mscore-developer@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: AW: Re: [Mscore-developer] win32 - excluding jack, pulse, etc.

On 01/04/2018 12:05, Joachim Schmitz wrote:
> Compiling master worked for me the other day.

are you using mingw, or MSVC++ ?

I made another try today double-checking all steps, I seem to have everything
properly in place, but the compiled MuseScore.exe refuses to run.

I also tried to compile with cygwin and the standard Makefile I use under Linux
(in the root MuseScore sources folder), but I had to fix a tiny issue due to
some "Program Files..." and "Program Files (x86)" pathnames (e.g., JDK :-) ),
as per attached patch, otherwise it wasn't even starting (anyway, I removed
those from my PATH just to be sure during my further tries today). And, anyway,
it fails to find Qt5 and any library installed within the mingw32* folder(s)
from the
C:\Qt5 ..... (made several tries, used /cygdrive/c/Qt/... pathnames, setting
the env var QT_INSTALL_PREFIX, etc... just nothing seems to work here!)

FYI, I'm just struggling to compile and run the piano-tutor-win32 branch I just
sketched out for the
PianoTutor+Arduino+LEDs toy

   https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6385963147068526592/
   https://github.com/tomcucinotta/MuseScore/tree/piano-tutor-win32

as I've got a few ones asking about availability of the patch on this weird
platform ;-P...

        T.