On Tuesday 10 January 2012 06.59:36 IvankoB for-mse wrote:
> For the future, we MUST come (regulations, debates,...) to concord on
> install-time building units - with FPC, common build time does not
> exceed 40sec..1min. The same for FpGUI & possibly for large LAZARUS...

Assume one wants to upgrade Debian with 400 Packages which need installtime
compiling -> installtime > 4 hours. Not doable IMHO.
If it is not possible to push a new MSEide+MSEgui package to Debian before a
FPC release is outdated we must forget Debian.
The only alternative as written before is to pack MSEide and tools binaries
which are independent of the FPC precompiled units and to compile the MSEgui
units by the user projects in the user home directory.