On Saturday 11 August 2012 12:07:38 Алексей Логинов wrote:
> Patch for linux (tools/i18n/main.pas), for example, if to use unit unix:
> begin
>          mstr1:= macroar[1].value;
>          {$ifdef mswindows}
>          mstr1:= mstr1+'.dll';
>          {$else}
>          mstr1:= 'lib'+mstr1+'.so';
>          {$endif}
>          {$ifdef mswindows}
>          copyfile(mstr1,'../'+mstr1,true);
>          {$else}
>          fpsystem('chmod 666 '+mstr1);
>          fpsystem('cp -f '+mstr1+' '+'../'+mstr1);
>          {$endif}
> end;

I still do not understand why this is necessary. The FPC compiler sets the
flags of the compiled *.so. If it is wrong please write a FPC bug report.
And if an existing file of another user will be overwritten and the system
forbids it it is as designed IMHO. If there are several users who work on the
same output file create an "i18ndevel" user and set the setuid flag on
msei18n binary.
Later if the before/after-compile scripts are implemented in MSEi18n you can
do additional manipulations if necessary.