On Saturday 15 December 2012 18:19:24 Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 14/12/12 20:15, Martin Schreiber wrote:
> > This probably is the last version which depends on FPC-FCL.
>
> I often feel like doing the same. Hell, sometimes even replacing the
> RTL. I already have a slimmed down SysUtils and Classes unit in a
> private branch.

It seems to me, main target of FPC development today is compatibility to
the "modern" Delphi language constructs, I don't want to go this route.
And we need more flexibility, I can't fight days or weeks with Michael and
Marco for every little change which is not on Lazarus or their own benefit.
Ouh, and there still is no unicode support for resource strings, no official
statement how unicode will be implemented in RTL, the compiler becomes slower
and slower, smart linking MSEide on 64 bit Linux is not possible with 2GB
ram, still no Delphi-like packages...
Sad.