On 12/17/2012 04:12 PM, Sieghard wrote:

> You might rather consider to pack'em up in a couple "standard" packet
> formats. like .rpm or .deb, where with the latter Ivanko possibly could help
> you, if he's not still an active maintainer of such a package. It shouldn't
> be too difficult to set up such a package, as there shouldn't be much more
> in terms of dependencies as fpc, and that's probabely not available through
> the distribution anyway (although a few have adopted it, in fact).
>
> That way, you already covered the majority of distributions.
> For "the rest of them", you could simply set up a .tar.gz, .tar.bz2,
> .tar.xz ... package with a script file and COPYRIGHT, README, CHANGES,
> CREDITS... files (most of which are already in place or could be renamed
> apropriately), and, last not least, a description how to (build and)
> INSTALL the thing.
> If you'd want to get fancy, you might even attempt to add a Makefile,
> executing the statement already given sometimes for calling the fpc
> compiler to build mseide and install it to a convenient bin directory
> (preferably /usr/local/bin).
> The Makefile needs not contain much more than the one attached, although
> you could get even fancier here.

I was thinking of doing something like that.  So for a start what do you
think about:

Where should the library go?  I was thinking of putting it in
/var/lib/mseide/"version" similar to fpc.

Put a symbolic link /usr/bin/mseide or /usr/local/bin/mseide to
/var/lib/mseide/"verson"/apps/ide/mseide

What about the user's .mseide/mseideli.sta file?  Do any checks for it
or just leave it alone? Do we leave that for the user to update their
Settings -> Configure MSE manually?

Anything else you can think of?

Patrick