Hallo Graeme,

Du schriebst am Tue, 01 Jan 2013 01:59:47 +0000:

> > You could have considered using links here - even Windows' NTFS provide
> > them.
>
> No, because MSEide doesn't dictate that NTFS is a requirement. FAT16 or
> FAT32 could be used too.

Indeed, that wouldn't do. So you're using mseide-msegui on a Windows 95, 98
or ME machine? What processor, and how's the performance? :-O

In fact, I'm not aware that this would even work (although it's not
impossible). And any newer version of Windows doesn't even really support
running from a FAT partition (although some might tolerate it, with
restrictions). At some point, I heard, MS even wanted to drop the FAT
support completely - this might have cause an arousal among customers and
industry alike, as nearly all the memory-card-using gagdets (MP3 players,
cameras, GPS devices and others) used to use FAT as their file system. It
would have been just an enourmous effort to upgrade all those to be able to
use NTFS, as most of them wer driven by processors that were far too feeble.

But apart from that, yes, your objection is valid, if you insist on being
able to use mseide-msegui on a FAT file system.