On 11/08/2013 12:08 AM, Sieghard wrote:
> You might opt to spell it out as "integer", I think. (Didn't you set
> out to recreate a _Pascal_ compiler? Then that's how it is spelled by
> these.)

I vote for not using any type name that has been abused in the passed by
different pascal dialects (e.g. String, ANSIString, UnicodeString, and
Integer (being either 32 or 64 bit), but define unambiguous "honest"
type names.

In fact int (as know from C) is ambiguous, as well, and should not be
used. the well known unambiguous arch independent names used by the Open
source C community are

uint8_t, uint16_t, uint32_t, uint64_t,
int8_t, int16_t, int32_t, int64_t,

I vote for using same as the built-in names.

Additionally usually the headers define "fast" types, that use
_at_least_ as many bits as denoted and are alias for the smallest
fitting preferred type in the targeted arch.

In Pascal, the user can always recreate the Types names he dersrires by
a simple "Type" statement.

-Michael