Hallo Martin,

Du schriebst am Sun, 10 Nov 2013 07:47:44 +0100:

> Sieghard suggests to use Algol 68 syntax instead to try to make the best
> of 30 years of programming experience.
> Opinions?

Don't try. There was _never_ a complete implementation of this language
around for all the time being, although the foremost computer scientists of
the time worked on these compilers (way back) then.

BTW: An "Oxford and Cambridge Compilers Ltd", formed around 1994, offered
an Algol 68 compiler once - I don't know whether this site still exists:
<http://www.occl-cam.demon.co.uk/whitepaper.html>
There seems to have been another implementation from the Netherlands:
<http://www.mensys.nl/catalogue/mn_algol.html>
And there's (was?) mention of Algol 68 on a german site:
<http://www.inf.fu-berlin.de/~wolff/Algol68.html>

All this dates back to before 2000, and there was probably no work done at
all since.
My remark wasn't even meant to be taken serious, I made it merely because
so many "new" developments in the computer language field were in there
nearly half a century ago...