On 11/11/2013 11:03 PM, Sieghard wrote:
> t _even_ C has block delimiters ("{" and "}"), because they're
> _needed_ by any notation that does _not_ restrict formatting the code.

In fact I _always_ use "begin" ... "end" ( or in C "}" ... "{" ) with if
and loop instructions (as I do not like the ambiguity imposed by the
different details of interpretation of ";" in Pascal and C).

Moreover I place the "begin" in the same line as as the "if" and the
"end" in a s single line

Moreover I do two spaces indentation for the lines between "begin" and "end"

IMHO this allows for best readability by not wasting too much lines.

Of course with this "look" the "end" including it's complete single line
can be dropped without harming readability too much. I am not sure if I
would use this feature if it would be provided by the compiler.

With "else" I _always_ do a single line containing "end begin else"

I suppose here the new compiler would accept just "else begin". Does not
look bad, but not a real improvement, IMHO.

OTOH it might be confusing to have the compiler ask for indentation and
line breaks. There might be occasions where it does make sense to create
a program in just single line.

-Michael