On 11/15/2013 01:14 AM, Sieghard wrote:
> I don't recall there was any mention that there should not be any
> local variables within a procedure or function.
????
 >>> "You could also decide to make "pos" take a return variable
parameter "
a var parameter needs a variable to be given in the call. When it is
meant as a replacement for a numerical function result of "pos" it in
most cases will be a local variable.
???

> This is _not_ a sensible construct, as "str3" might not be contained
> within "str2". You _will_ have to check before,
This can be a given fact due to the code nearby that created the content
of these strings. (And it's just an example!)

-Michael