> maybe you run it on a faster computer ,  it appears on old ones , and
> then you can benchmark wxwidgets/gtk and lazarus/gtk

A 6-7 years old laptop is old enough? ;)  I don't speak about benchmarks, I
speak about real desktop client projects (in production). Of course in some
cases (like intensive graphics rendering) where gtk2 performance wouldn't
be acceptable.

from 1 ms to 2 ms difference 100% but for a user filling a form the bottle
neck is the user itself ;)

--
Julio Jiménez Borreguero