On 2015-06-18 13:43, Martin Schreiber wrote:
>> * Where in MSEgit can I see the commit message - as marked by the
>>   question mark symbol.
>>
> Place the mouse pointer in log window column 'Message' above the interesting
> commit.

Yes, I found that, but thought maybe there is a dedicated window for
that. eg: while navigating the history with the keyboard.

>> * Can I search for a Author (not the Committer)?
>>
> No, but it can be added if important.

Please, that would be great. I use Author all the time for patches sent
via email. I'm trying to get everybody to use some public git repo, but
it is slow going. ;-)

>>      None of my search terms revealed any results.
>>      So what is MSEgit searching for, and what regex syntax does it use?
>>
> It hands it over to git, so one probably needs to study the git manual. Or
> there is a bug...

I'll take a look in the git man pages. MSEgit seems to ignore the email
address completely, and only look at the name part, but even so, it must
be an exact match.

>>  * I can't seem to change the date format shown in the Log window. No
>>    matter my system locale, I prefer dates in the ISO 8601 format.
>>    eg:  yyyy-mm-dd HH:nn:ss
>>
> Me too so I setup the LC_* variables accordingly. A setting in options
> probably would be more convenient, I'll have a look.

Please, that would be very useful.

> It seems you test MSEgit especially to see if it is the same as git
> gui/gitk. ;-)

It wasn't intended like that. It is just the way I am used to working
with git since 2009, and information I often need. I have massive
amounts of branches, remote repos, stashes etc in 90% of my
repositories. I need a fast and convenient way to navigate though all of
that. Most GUI front-ends fail me because of this. They are or to slow
to navigate and find info, or can't show a reliable state of the
repository. The command line is always 100% working.

ps:
It is very nice that you do show the git commands being used by MSEgit,
and allows the developer to enter git commands manually. A very nice
touch. :)

> Did you notice how convenient it is in MSEgit to see differences of current
> state to different versions by setting the 'L' columns? And to see the
> ...snip...

No, but those will definitely be my next step in testing now. ;-)
Having some documentation on these "how convenient" features would also
be very very helpful. Otherwise everybody is going to keep bugging you
with questions on how to do the same thing over and over.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/