On Thursday 18 June 2015 11:45:27 Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> These are just a few questions and comments after playing with the
> latest MSEgit for few minutes. Please use the screenshot from "MSEgit
> language troubles" as reference for some of these items.

There are some changes in MSEuniverse git master
e1384ab5341d3f8061f0b40e7d9ef3aa8117a5ce, needs current MSEgui git master
version.

> * Where in MSEgit can I see the commit message - as marked by the
>   question mark symbol.

There is a new 'View'-'Current Commit' window.

> * Can I search for a Author (not the Committer)?

The author field has been added.

> * How do I search for the Committer? I found in the Log window it has
>   a Filter which shows "Committer Regex", but I tried various text
>   and most of the times it couldn't find any results.
>    eg: git log shows Committer as:
>           "Michael Ballabio <barra_c...@katamail.com>"
>        in msegit is searched for:
>                                   [mM]ichael
>                                   michael
>                                   barra_
>                                   barra_cuda
>                                   katamail
>      None of my search terms revealed any results.

There are two new switches in filter dialog: 'Case sensitive' and 'Complex
Regex' which update the -i and -E flags in git rev-list command.

>      So what is MSEgit searching for, and what regex syntax does it use?

Please see the git documentation about rev-list.

>  * Can I customize the shown columns in the Log window?

There are some new columns, please shift the columns to the left which you
like to see.

>  * I can't seem to change the date format shown in the Log window. No
>    matter my system locale, I prefer dates in the ISO 8601 format.
>    eg:  yyyy-mm-dd HH:nn:ss

There is a new 'DateTime format' option in 'Options'.

>  * How can I make the Log window jump to the select tag in the Tags
>    window? It seems the only way is to copy the SHA1 value, then filter
>    the Log window. A very slow process.

Double click navigation has been implemented for commit SHA's.