On Friday 04 December 2015 10:42:44 Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> Just curious (again, I don't know MSEgui), but from the method
> signature, can you also do the following (with the same outcome as above)?
>
>   if avalue < 0 then
>   begin
>    accept := false;
>    showMessage(....);
>   end;

Yes, but then the user needs to enter a valid value before the widget can be
leaved and t*edit.value property will still contain the old value.
The sequence is:
- User enters text.
- User presses enter, tries to leave the edit widget or
t*editwidget.checkvalue() will be called or a button will be clicked (there
are some more activities which trigger checkvalue()).
- T*editwidget tries to convert the entered text to type of the value
property.
- If the conversion fails it shows an error message.
- If the conversion succeeds onsetvalue will be called with the converted
value as var parameter, t*editwidget.value still has the old value.
- If onsetvalue returns accept = false further processing stops.
- If onsetvalue returns accept = true the new value which possibly has been
modified by onsetvalue will be stored in t*editwidget.value property.
- ondataentered event will be called.