On Friday 15 January 2016 10:52:18 Julio Jiménez wrote:

> Funny with Sourceforge... tried to send the example file: Backup.zip and
> rejected the message:
>
> The error that the other server returned was:
> 550 Blacklisted file extension detected

I don't know why, I found no such setting in mailinglist setup.

> > Can you send your test project?
>
> Of course.
>
> > > May be I'm doing something wrong because I guess you have tested it at
> > > first.
> >
> > Yes, it works for me.
>
> The test is under fpc 3.0.1. i386

"
procedure tmainfo.leertexto(const sender: tfbservice; const atext: msestring);
begin
 tstringgrid1[0].datalist.addchars(atext);
 tstringgrid1.showlastrow();
end;

procedure tmainfo.dobackup(const sender: TObject);
begin
 // hostname, username and password have been set in design mode
 tfbservice1.connected:= true;
    {procedure backupstart(const dbname: msestring;
          const backupfiles: array of msestring; const lengths: array of
card32;
                                             //bytes, none for last file
          const verbose: boolean = false; const stat: string = '';
             //stat for FB 2.5.5 only, 1..4 chars, valid chars = T|D|R|W
          const aoptions: backupoptionsty = []; const factor: card32 = 0);}
        tfbservice1.backupstart('gestv', ['/tmp/micopia.fbk'],

[],                               <<<<<<<<---- empty, not 0
 true, '', [bao_ignorelimbo]);

 //tfbservice1.nbakstart('gestv', '/tmp/micopia.fbk', 0,
[nbo_notriggers], 'on'); // 0 full backup
// tfbservice1.connected:= false; <<<<<<<<-----
"
The backup runs in a separate thread, connected:= false cancels the operation.
"
// showmessage('Done');           <<<<<<<<-----
"
Use "onasyncend"
"
end;

procedure tmainfo.asyncend(const sender: tfbservice; const aborted: Boolean);
begin
 showmessage('Done');
end;
"

The AV by cancelling a failed service has been fixed in git master
d562504ef0d02eef9787408c96bf2bc0ac7f7f00.