> haha... I promise to give more feedback in about a week's time, when
> I'll definitely be needing it in some cross-platform application testing.

Do not forget, after booting from the iso and transfered the system to a
writable-device, to add programs+dependencies of the disto.
This can be done with "Menu" -> "Install program" -> "Install all". All this is
included in the disto.

All those programs + libraries are not installed on the live-cd, this to make
the boot of the iso faster and to use less ressource.

But once the system is transfered to a writable device, all those
programs+dependencies may be installed and the boot will not be slower.